Friday, December 4, 2009

Singing Off-Key, But Singing Anyhow



"I am going to sing for you, a little off key perhaps, but I will sing. To sing you must first open your mouth. You must have a pair of lungs, and a little knowledge of music. It is not necessary to have an accordion, or a guitar. The essential thing is to want to sing. This then is a song. I am singing.

It is the twenty-somethingth of October. I no longer keep track of the date. Would you say – my dream of the 14th November last? There are intervals, but they are between dreams, and there is no consciousness of them left. The world around me is dissolving, leaving here and there spots of time. The world is a cancer eating itself away… I am thinking that when the great silence descends upon all and everywhere music will at last triumph." Henry Miller, Tropic of Cancer


2 comments:

  1. این هنری میلر خودمونه همون نویسنده عصر آدمکشها..عجب نویسنده ی
    kave breton

    ReplyDelete
  2. اگه مي توني انگليسي بخوني اين "مدار رأس السرطان" رو حتماً بخون، "عصر آدمكشها" و "شيطان در بهشت" هر دو شاهكارند

    ReplyDelete